On-Campus Interviews (OCI)
OCI is a chance to get a job. It is a job application process through which law firms, government agencies, public interest organizations, and businesses recruit students. Most of the jobs are for JD students for the summer after their 2L year, but there are employers who target 3Ls and Tax LL.M. students for post-graduate positions. Many of the summer jobs for 2Ls have the potential to lead to post-graduate offers. The Career Development Center coordinates OCI twice a year. Fall OCI has more employers. It is also when large law firms recruit. Because big firms tend to be very selective, Fall OCI is viewed as more competitive.
Eligibility for the Fall 2017 OCI Program
Fall 2017 OCI is open to JD students attending Loyola Law School during the Fall 2017 semester as a 2L (2D/3E, Class of 2019) or 3L (3D/4E, Class of 2018). Students enrolled during the Fall 2017 semester in the LL.M. Tax, LL.M. Foreign Trained Attorney, Doctor of Juridical Science, Master in Taxation, and Master of Science in Legal Studies programs are also eligible, but should note that the vast majority of employers who utilize OCI for recruitment target JD students. Fall OCI employers primarily seek rising 2Ls (Class of 2019) for summer employment following their 2L year (Summer 2018).
- Joint degree students (JD/MBA, JD/LLM), students returning from a leave of absence, and internal transfer students who transfer from Day to Evening or vice versa are classified as a 2L or 3L according to the anticipated graduation date they report to the Registrar.
- Outgoing transfer students are eligible to bid on all employers participating in OCI; those who decide to transfer out should participate in OCI at their new school–not at Loyola.
- Incoming transfer students may participate once the Registrar confirms enrollment; OCI bidding deadlines are based on employer preferences and still apply to incoming transfer students regardless of when they transfer into Loyola.
- Visiting students who wish to participate in OCI must maintain the same status (full-time or part-time) as they do at their home law school and must carry the minimum unit load required by Loyola: 12 for full-time and 8 for part-time.
Information and Resources
- Fall 2017 OCI FAQ
- Fall 2017 OCI Timeline
- Fall 2017 OCI Document Prep
- Fall 2017 OCI How to Submit OCI Bids
- Fall 2017 OCI Invites & Interviews
Prepare for OCI by participating in the Fall Mock Interview Program
On Wednesday, July 26, we will host our annual Fall Mock Interview Program between 5:15 PM and 8:15 PM. Practicing attorneys will give Loyola students one-on-one mock interviews and provide interview tips, tricks, and direct feedback. Sign up via Symplicity starting July 12 at 9:00 AM. We will share instructions and the list of volunteer attorneys starting July 5.